Rush Limbaugh. Glenn Beck. Ann Coulter. Awful conservative political pundits abound the media, giving us enough plenty of barf material and misogynist absurdity. This week writer Suzanne Venker takes the price for “most delusional person of the week.” (Last week was Paula Deen) Here is a list of the top 10 most absurd quotes Venker has contributed. Read and cry.
10. But the purpose of feminism is to yank the feminine out of the woman, to give you this faux sense of equality. Just because men and women are equal in worth or value doesn’t mean they’re interchangeable or the same. Feminism taught women to reject marriage and motherhood, go out into the workforce, and compete with men. (Source)
Note the purpose on feminism according to Venker does not include women’s health, transgender rights, or sexual harassment laws. Just faux equality.
9. Feminists robbed you of what you naturally want: to be a wife, a mother, homebound. (Source)
Thank you Venker for reminding me of my natural wants. And here I thought I naturally wanted to bang my head against the computer screen.
8. Everything I did was with the assumption that being a wife and a mother is my core, and I have to work everything in around that. Now women are groomed for the workforce. You don’t go to college to find a husband; you go to find your own single life and your career. (Source)
Women want to learn and have careers for themselves!? GOD FORBID.
7. Obviously there’s a small portion of the world that’s homosexual, that means that 4 percent, 5 percent is not going to be like the rest. (Source)
6. This is what it is: What can women sit around talking about all day? Their relationships. Do you see men sitting around and talking about their girlfriends? No. They need to move their bodies around. That’s why sex, for them, is showing their love. You can’t reverse that. You are a relational person. You are made to love and connect. (Source)
So women are static, hopelessly talkative lumps of feelings. Got it.
5. Here again men are in an impossible situation, for there’s an unspoken commandment when it comes to sex in America: thou shalt never blame the woman. (Source)
Except from when they are victims of sexual assault. Then they are always asking for it
4. So if men today are slackers, and if they’re retreating from marriage en masse, women should look in the mirror and ask themselves what role they’ve played to bring about this transformation. (Source)
Since the media never blames women for anything (apparently), we need to give ourselves a hard look in the mirror and blame ourselves for those male slackers!
3. The vast majority of breadwinner moms are single mothers. That’s hardly a step in the right direction. (Source)
And here I thought single mothers were welfare queens. So which one is it, again?
2.In a nutshell, women are angry. They’re also defensive, though often unknowingly. (Source)
She is right! Here is something that make me angry and defensive: Suzanne Venker.
1. From boyhood through adulthood, the White American Male must fight his way through a litany of taunts, assumptions and grievances about his very existence. (Source)
Tell that Trayvon Martin’s family.
By: Ana Cecilia Alvarez, Managing Blog Editor