Welcome and thank you for submitting to bluestockings! We are a Providence, RI-based intersectional feminist publication. We write about issues from a gender-aware perspective and an anti-oppression framework. You can find our submittable link here.
Please only submit to us if your work offers a critical feminist/anti-oppression analysis or lens.
We hope that bluestockings provides a platform for engaging work created within diverse communities that relate to issues of gender and sexuality.
- We accept work from every genre, including nonfiction essays, fiction, poetry, and visual art. However, our accepted pieces tend to be less than 4 pages long. If your work is longer than that, consider submitting and abbreviated version for publication.
- Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, as long as you immediately notify us if your piece is accepted elsewhere.
- Unfortunately, we are not currently able to compensate our writers.
- We are interested in original, unpublished pieces.
- Please allow two weeks for a response. If you don’t hear back within 4 weeks, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
We look forward to reviewing your work!
You do not have to a be a student to submit.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to working with you!